Wednesday, July 2, 2008

today: the day after

Ahh! I woke up this morning to another bright sunny morning. Here is a picture of auntie's house. Nice, huh? Yeah. No kidding. Anyways, she was upset because she spent her grocery money at the party last night. Never fear, though! We are allright. We had yoghurt and granola for breakfast. But we had to go down to the cove so Stuart could get reception.These funny faces are my brother Stuart and my Auntie (in that order). We all get along great.


This is the cove (Fords cove) with me and stu. Once again, I am looking handsome! Anyways, check out the illin' geological formations. Hornby is home to many such amazing eccentricities! Anyways, Stuart checked his bank from his cellphone and found out there was like 900 extra dollars in there. What? Fifteen minutes later, his bank lady phoned and told him someone had tried to scam him! They deposited an empty envolope as 1000 dollars and then tried to withdraw it. The bank saved stu's money, thankfully, but it compromised his bank card, so he had to cut it up. So, he has no way to access his money now! He is in a bit of a conundrum, but I said I would lend him money if he needed it.
This is just stuart's cool tatoo. He wanted me to show everybody.
So anyways, he was all depressed, and we found this guy. He was just playing guitar on the beach. He is Quebecois and a pretty neato guy. He let us play on his guitar too and stuart cheered up. c: Yay! Yeah. We actually hung out for like 2 hours. It was pretty intense.So, that's what happened today. Fun as always! I hope the rest of the day is nice too. Maybe I will post again today, maybe I will not.

Haiku:
The rushing sounds of leaves
Under bright morning sunshine -
My towel dried hair.

This also was written yesterday. Maybe one day I will catch up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harper! I hope you get into the habit of writing this all the time 8D I'm terrible at keeping blogs D:
BUT, this is such a delightful read! Say hi to everyone for meeee~
also this is Hayley 8D your BFF forever!

Casey Wolf said...

hey, harper!

love your blog. photos are great.

glad you and saya and stu are hanging out together, and in such a wonderful place. give them my love.

i look forward to reading more.

like your haikus, btw.

harpist plucks words
glint wavelike on air
smoke hovers shifting

maybe not a haiku--i don't know the rules--but it's short. that's something, anyway.

oh! i'm back from haiti. have a couple of pictures on my blog, along with the Trip Reports.

hugs'n'love,
me

Tannis said...

Hello Harper, Auntie Tannis here, Gabe's Mom. Thank you for keeping this blog it's a joy to read and I love the Haiku's you are writing. It was 20 years ago that I visited Hornby Island and reading this and seeing the pictures brings back vivid memories. Gabe has gone travelling with the carnival again this year, he'll be gone about a month, I will pass the link along so he can check it out if he gets to a computer. Tell Stuart to keep his head up, that fraud thing happened to me once too, something good will come his way. He looks like such a man now. You both take beautiful pictures! Please say hi to Saya and the Sea Otters for me. ~sounds like a band name ;D

sweet summer apples
memories warm embrace
drift on sea salt air