Monday, July 7, 2008

Sorry for not updating! You know.

Anyways, yesterday morning we found a mouse! In the lamp!! What?? Yeah!!
And the lamp is suspended from the ceiling. How?? How did...?
Turns out there was a mouse nest where the lamp cord meets the ceiling!!
It was the greatest. I woulda showed you the photos, but as I uploaded them, the window closed >:C And It really takes a while to upload them. So tomorrow, maybe.

Anyways, TODAY - first day of work! You know, the passionate intensity of youth working on rough projects - that is the situation. And, the girl who was teaching my job stuff came from Japan (so she said she'd help me with my Japanese!!) So that's fun. Also, we went to the beach.
THE BEACH!!
You don't even know.
It took me three hours to go all the way in the water. Like, my feet were in, but I didn't want to dunk. I knew it would be fun, but somehow I had this visceral recoil from the initial frigidity I expected.
"How Infuriatingly emblematic of life!" I said.
Those were the days, my friend.
Yeah, then auntie lost the keys. Yeah! To the car. So we walked home. But! I found the spare, at home. I am good at that.
And we talked to some friends of auntie and they decided to totally throw me a birthday party.
It'll be the greatest!!!

From the beach -


Warm rocks stand alone...
Is that kelp I see? No wait -
A crab scuttles by.

And to make up for a missed day -


The shifting sunlines
Bring to light tiny fragments
Beneath the sea shore.

1 comment:

Casey Wolf said...

that's better! i'm sated.

eugrlu