Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day Off

Sorry for not posting recently.
You see, this is my first day off in six days. Yeah! That's a while. So, what is there to say...
I have made many friendlies here. People are nice, and once you get into the Hornby vibe, most everyone is accepting of you. Most of my friends are older than me, in their twenties or thirties, but who likes teenagers anyways? These guys are much more chill. (Chill means they are cool.) They are more like me, and care less about parties and alcohol and drugs and jazz. And, every night there is a party on the beach!! Beach parties are so much fun, but even more so around a fire at night. I am gaining more confidence in myself, because it has been less than a month and already everybody loves me.
It has been harder for me to be writing haiku all the time you know, because of just life. But I do!

1 comment:

Joanne Arnott said...

catching up on reading, shocked to hear any disparaging word re- teenagers

I like teenagers!
theo for example
we made cake & cookies together
then he returned overdues at the library AND the video store, AND
brought home a copy of marjane satrapi's PERSEPOLIS
which you KNOW i really wanted to see
then he stayed up & watched it with me!
what a great day!
i have plenty more words of kindness
for theodore in particular
and teenagers more generally
and for you yourself, harper
champing at the bit on the far reaches
of teenagehood
busting out in haiku & hornby island
wish we had a picture of your first visit there
nearly a month old, already!

Billy Little of hornby island
Poet Supremo
on the mainland this weekend to launch his selected
"St.Ink"
you should meet up with billy
if you haven't already
he'd like a plague of haiku from you
i betcha

love yr ma!