Thursday, July 3, 2008

last night at the beach.


Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments c:
I will try to keep this blog updated on the daily!!
Yesterday evening we all went to the beach. It was unseasonably cloudy, but that's alright, right? Anyways, we had a good time.







This is Red Dog. He is aunite's. He is so big but just the sweetest! This is a great shot of him by the sea.
We're trying to raise money to send him to the vet, because he has mysterious lumps of a worrisome nature. >:C
Not very happy. But! He is an old doggy, so in a sense, life is overtaking him.







What? Who's this sexy kid??
Anyways, I went in. Yeah, it was a little cold, but the sand was silky soft beneath my feet. It was like walking through clouds! Cold ones. Yeah. I spent some of the time reading traditional poetry from the Kokinshuu, or "Collected poems old and new." It is one of the most influential poetic anthologies from Japan. It is like a thousand years old or something. Yeah. Pretty old.


This is a good picture of the october sea that has enshrouded my July of warm nights and passionate glances. You could say. I wrote a haiku about it:
Off in the distance
Where the sea becomes the cloud
A lone cedar log.


But this is not my daily haiku.



As we were leaving, the sky began to rain. This made me happy: I had hoped for rain, because the sound of rain on trees and structures is the most beautiful. We drove home through the smoky world to sit in our house and read as the rain washed over the windows.

The smell of smoke and
In distant thunder, the voice
Of summer rain.

3 comments:

Casey Wolf said...

passionate glances? at Red Dog or the sky?

love ya!

cjdub

harps said...

I just threw that in to be poetic and/or funny. There were little to no actual glances involved.

Casey Wolf said...

got it!